Mintages were small for this series struck from 1854 to 1889 with only a little over a half million coins being struck throughout its 35 years of existence. It is estimated that approximately 95% of all three dollar gold pieces minted were melted, ended up as jewelry or otherwise lost, thus all dates are scarce or rare. Recent auctions have demonstrated the scarcity of this coin and it is perhaps the most valuable coin in the set.
This $3 Gold Princess has survived more than 100 years without ever having been circulated! Third party grading is the best way to invest in this denomination.
- Contains .1451 oz actual Gold weight.
- Obverse: Represents the Indian Princess with hair tightly curling over the neck.
- Reverse: Depicts a wreath to pay tribute to the agricultural contributions of each state with the denomination and year of issue.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, New Orleans, Dahlonega and San Francisco.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, reducing their number and adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this Gold $3 Princess Coin to your cart today!
Dates and grading service on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
- Year: Random
- Grade: Available In All Grades
- Grade Service: PCGS &/or NGC
- Denomination: $3.00
- Mint Mark: Varies
- Metal Content: 0.1451 troy oz
- Purity: .900
- Thickness: 1.1 mm
- Diameter: 20.5 mm