The Gold American Eagle is based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens' 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty. With an iconic design and 1 oz of Gold, the 2019 Gold Eagle combines collectibility with bullion investment appeal.
The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, they distribute their coins to only a handful of authorized purchasers who then sell the coins to the public. As one of these authorized purchasers, APMEX is able to get coins direct from the U.S. Mint and pass them along to you. Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
Containing a full oz of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2019 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
2019 American Gold Eagles
Known as an incredible example of modern coinage, the 2019 American Gold Eagle is a great choice for both investors and collectors. The classic depiction of Lady Liberty by Augustus Saint-Gaudens was chosen in 1986 as the obverse design of Gold American Eagle coins. On the reverse, a male bald eagle appears mid-flight, bringing home an olive branch to the nest. This artwork was designed by Miley Busiek, an American sculptor known for many famous monuments. All pieces are minted at the U.S. Mint’s West Point, N.Y., facility.
The 2019 Gold American Eagle is produced at the West Point Mint in West Point, New York.